Think you’re ahead of the curve because you had a website built in 2003? You’re probably not. Websites and Digital Marketing are a new beast altogether. Gone are the days of simply having a Website, cramming a bunch of keywords on it and waiting for the phone to ring. It’s become a lot more complicated with the evolution of SEO/SEM, Online Video, Social Media and the increasing usage of mobile browsing.
The bottom line is that as technology has changed so has the way people communicate, purchase, interact and locate things they want or need. Ignore these stats and you’re missing out on a tremendous amount of potential clientele.
Here is why:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a Search Engine. [Via Search Engine Journal]
- The top listing in Google’s organic search results receives 33% of the traffic. [Via Search Engine Watch]
- YouTube has become the 2nd Largest Search Engine – bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask & AOL combined. [Via Social Media Today]
- 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. [Via Search Engine Watch]
- Companies that generate more than 1,000 Facebook Likes also receive nearly 1,400 website visits a day. [ViaHubSpot]
- 27% of total U.S. internet time is spent on social networking sites. [Via HubSpot]
- 59% of consumers use Google every month to find a reputable, local business. [Via Search Engine Watch]
- 48% of users say that if they arrive on a business site that isn’t working well on mobile, they take it as an indication of the business simply not caring. [Via HubSpot]
- Google Ads account for 64.6% of clicks for high commercial intent keyword searches. [Via WordStream]
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate. [Via Search Engine Journal]
What do these Numbers/Stats mean?Frankly, they mean that you need to have an up-to-date, fresh website (that is mobile or responsive) and need a Search Engine and Social Media presence – embrace the new age of inbound marketing!
As the saying goes “The door is open, you need to walk through it yourself”. This couldn’t be more true to the many still hesitant about utilizing digital marketing. We hope these stats are convincing enough.